What is it
Pyramaker is java application that creates image pyramid (local tiled cache) for Geoserver (ImagePyamid plugin) from tiled web service.
- Download and install Geoserver. For instructions visit geoserver.org
- Download and install ImagePyramid plugin for geoserver. Read about image pyramid here
- Download and unzip pyramaker archive. Run pyramaker.jar
- Click button “OSM Example” – it defines parameters to download tiles from osm service
- Select output path by clicking “browse”
- Click Run
- When its done open geoserver admin page and create new pyramid store and layer for it. Screens below:
- That’s all. Check out the preview.
It works fine for square pyramids (where base of pyramid is square and on 0-level there is only one tile), that means most tile services for EPSG:3857 (EPSG:90013) and EPSG:3395. But some services with EPSG:4326 has rectangle pyramid (on 0-level there are 2 tiles – X=0,Y=0 and X=1,Y=0), so in this case application will work incorrectly.
GitHub Apache 2.0 License